Snacks and appetizers are very practical if we organize a picnic in the field or to accompany the children's snack. Since traditional crackers are unhealthy, here is a much better kids' recipe.
These almond crackers recipe is perfect for children to get used to eating low-fat foods while still enjoying a delicious snack. Also, as indicated Zuzana, from 'Beyond gluten', are suitable for vegans.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6-8 tablespoons of water
Tips: Almond flour can be bought or made at home by grinding raw almonds until a fine powder is left.
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Line a tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of flaxseed with 2 tablespoons of water. Let stand 15 minutes until blended.
3. While the flaxseed with water is still, mix the rest of the flaxseed with almond flour and salt with a hand mixer.
4. Add the olive oil to the flaxseed mixture with water and stir.
5. Add the tablespoons of water (better to start with less water and later add more water depending on the need), and mix.
6. Add 1-2 tablespoons of flaxseed flour to the liquid mixture. Stir well (at first with the mixer, then with a spoon, later with your hand). If the mixture is too dry, add a little more water. Stir until you get a medium-firm dough that does not stick and it is possible to make a ball with it. It shouldn't be too thick either, so you can stretch it later without any problems.
7. Put the dough on the parchment paper, cover it with another parchment paper. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm.
8. Remove the top paper and cut with a pizza cutter into the desired shape.
9. Put the dough cut with the paper on the oven tray. Bake until crisp and golden. Cool and eat!
Blog Beyond Gluten
Vegan recipes, gluten free and sugar free.
Contributor to our site
You can read more articles similar to Salty almond cookies for the children's snack, in the category of Kitchen with children on site.