Motherhood is an incredible experience full of emotions and surprises, but also worries and doubts. How do you know if you are doing it right? Being a mother is learned through experience and also by instinct. But we want to help you solve some doubts. Do you know how to properly prepare a bottle? We tell you step by step.
1. The first step to ensuring adequate feeding for your baby is to take care of the hygiene before the bottle. Thoroughly wash hands and nails to make the subsequent bottle preparation germ-free. The first thing is always to protect your baby.
2. The hygienic aspect continues with the bottle itself, which you must sterilize at each feeding, either by boiling it for ten minutes, or in cold water using a few disinfectant tablets. In any case, both the bottle and the nipple must be clean and dry before preparing it.
3. The water to fill the bottle is preferably mineral but low in salts. In case you have to use atap guideIt is essential that you boil it before to avoid risks in feeding your baby. Keep in mind that if you fill the bottle with warm water, then you will not have to heat it when you add the milk.
4. Most mothers use milk powder for your baby's bottles. The amount of milk for the preparation of the bottle should be governed more by the pediatrician's instructions than by those of the manufacturer. And try to fill the saucepan to the top but leveling the milk with a teaspoon without pressing to fit more. Remember that if you change the concentration of the milk without consulting it, your baby may suffer gastrointestinal upset.
5. The bottle can be heated in the microwave, in a water bath or in the electric bottle warmer. Once hot, you will have to shake it so that it mixes well and the milk does not leave lumps. Don't forget to close the bottle without touching the top of the nipple.
6. You already have the bottle ready. But before offering it to your baby, you should try its temperature pouring a few drops on your wrist. The ideal temperature of the bottle is between 36º and 38º, which is what breast milk would have. So if you find that it is too hot, you can cool it under running water.
Laura Velez. Writer of GuiaInfantil
You can read more articles similar to How to prepare a bottle for a baby step by step, in the Babies category on site.